Free workouts and fitness routines provided by Fitstream. Find the perfect workout plan for your fitness goals, from building muscle to developing strength and power. Our workout programs range from beginner through to elite level training and are suitable for home or gym workouts.
These workouts are tried and tested by the Fitstream athletes and designed for fitness and functional performance.
Circuit Training Workout One Circuit Training Workouts
The first circuit training workout from Fitstream - designed to increase strength and muscular endurance whilst enhancing fat loss.
Beginner Sandbag Workout Sandbag Workouts
Try your hand at some unwieldy object training using our beginner's guide to sandbag workouts. The sandbag is an often overlooked tool that can be used to build a high-level of strength and conditioning.
Weighted Vest Workout - Minimal Equipment Weighted Vest Workouts
Try this weight vest workout to accelerate fat loss and build total body strength and power. It's perfect for training anywhere with minimal equipment.
Beginner Kettlebell Workout Kettlebell Workouts
Kettlebell focused workout for beginners to learn the fundamental kettlebell movements and exercises. The starting point for anyone wanting to develop the basics for effective kettlebell training.
Beginner Bodyweight Workout Bodyweight Workouts
Bodyweight workout for beginners to learn fundamental strength exercises. The starting point for anyone wanting to develop the basics for effective strength training and build a lean physique.
See our general guide to fitness training and workouts to get the most from your training whilst staying injury free.
Prior to exercise, make sure you warm up thoroughly to protect against injury and prepare yourself for the workout. Warm up for 8 to 10 minutes trying to include some similar movements that make up the workout and keep the intensity low to moderate without leaving you fatigued. Before starting the main workout, include some light stretching to prepare the muscles and release tightness.
- Stop if you feel any pain or dizziness
- Ensure that you wear exercise footwear that gives good support and cushioning.
- Keep breathing and don't hold your breath!
- Workout to the point of fatigue but not failure
- Remember to work both sides of your body equally and train all major muscle groups.
- Rest for about 30 seconds between exercises depending on fitness level.
Resistance training guide
When training with additional resistance make sure that you:
- Perform each repetition in a slow and controlled manner.
- Breath out on the exertion portion of the movement.
- Use full range of motion but stay well within your joint's natural and comfortable range.
- Aim for around 4 seconds per repetition i.e. 2 seconds to lift the weight and 2 seconds to lower it.
- Work up to 10 to 20 repetitions before increasing the difficulty. You can make an exercise harder by adding more weight or moving more slowly.
What makes a good workout...
- Against the clock
- Keeps you focused and maintains momentum
- Varied, testing multiple skills
- Develops well-rounded, total fitness and avoids plateaus
Objective / target driven
- Fitness plans encourage continuous progress, high motivation and incremental development
Intense and challenging
- Ensures skills are tested and forced to adapt
Safe and controlled
- Keeps you injury free to train another day
Always consult your GP before undertaking any form of weight loss, fitness or exercise