What Personal Information We Collect
Use of Fitstream's Services requies an account on Fitstream.com (a "User Account").
- When you sign up for a Fitstream User Account, you are required to provide an email address (which will be used as your login ID) and to create an account password (collectively the "Registration Information").
- If you elect to sign up for a Fitstream User Account using your Facebook credentials, you will be asked to allow Fitstream to access the basic information (including your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends and other public information) and certain profile information (such as your birthday) associated with your Facebook account.
- In order to benefit fully from the Fitstream Products and Service, you can also add additional personal details to your User Account, such as username, height, weight, gender, and age.
- Information that you add manually to the Service is stored in your Fitstream User Account, including any third party application data that you might connect to Fitstream.
- When you elect to share data from your Fitstream User Account with others, we may collect the information you provide about those individuals such as their name and email address.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Fitstream uses your personal information to:
- Provide you with the Service;
- Analyze Site usage and improve the Service;
- Provide you with updates regarding Fitstream Products and Services;
- Deliver to you any administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of the Fitstream Products and Service;
- Perform internal market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, and to detect and protect against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
Disclosure to Third Parties
Fitstream may also share your personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, order fulfillment, product delivery, customer data management, customer research and the like. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Fitstream does business.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users or if we are required to do so by any applicable law, rule, regulation, subpoena or other legal process.
Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Use of Aggregated Anonymous User Data
Fitstream may disclose non-personally identifiable aggregated user data, such as aggregated gender, age, height, weight, and usage data gathered from Fitstream devices (without the inclusion of a user's name or other identifying information) to:
- Organizations approved by Fitstream that conduct consumer research into health and wellness;
- Users of the Service for purposes of comparison of their personal health and wellness situation relative to the broader community; and
- Advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes.
Cookies and Other Technology
The Fitstream Site and Service may use "cookies" and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer's hard drive. These technologies tell us which parts of our website you have visited, limit the number of times you see a Fitstream offer, or help us better determine which Fitstream offers you may like to see or to alert you to software compatibility issues. They are also used to analyze and improve our Service's design and functionality.
If you choose to delete cookies from your device or block them from being stored on your device, please note that the full functionality of the Service may not be available to you.
"Web beacons" are images embedded in a Web page or email for the purpose of measuring and analyzing Site usage and activity. Fitstream, or third party service providers acting on our behalf, may use Web beacons to help us analyze Site usage and improve the Service.
Information You Elect to Share With Others
When posting user-generated content on the Site or through the Service, you should be aware that such information can be read, collected or used by others and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these areas.
Through the Service, Fitstream enables you to share information with others. Many users find this to be an important motivator in achieving their fitness goals. Fitstream is dedicated to providing you with full control of your personal data. As such, Fitstream provides you with privacy settings, which you can change at any time. Fitstream generally allows you to set pieces of data to be public, viewable to friends or private. We encourage you to consider these privacy settings before sharing information on the Site or through the Service, and to periodically review your privacy settings and adjust them in accordance with your preferences.
Fitstream's default settings for new users are as follows:
- Default Public - Basic profile information (e.g., profile photo, username) will be available to everyone
- Default Private - Information likely to be sensitive (e.g., body photos, measurements and journal entries, etc.) will not be available to third parties
Third Party Products or Services Offered Through the Fitstream Site
Third parties offering products or services will not be given your personal information without your explicit permission.
Contests, Giveaways and Surveys
From time to time, Fitstream may offer you the opportunity to participate in contests, giveaways and other promotions. Any information submitted in connection with such activities will be treated in accordance with this Policy, except as specifically set forth in the rules for those contests, giveaways or promotions. From time to time, Fitstream may also ask you to participate in surveys designed to help Fitstream improve the Service. Any personal information provided to Fitstream in connection with any survey will be used only in relation to that survey and as elsewhere set forth in this Policy.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifying information, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Your Right to Delete Your Data
If you would like to cancel your Fitstream account you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. When you request cancellation of your account, your personally identifiable information will be deleted, including but not limited to your email address, name, photo(s), friends list and links to social and partner sites. Archival copies of your account information that exist within our back-up system will be deleted in accordance with our normal back-up schedule. Following cancellation or termination of your account, Fitstream may continue to utilize de-identified and anonymized historical data.
Email Communications From Us
We may provide our registered customers with weekly summaries of their User Account data and email alerts. We also allow users to subscribe to email newsletters and from time to time may transmit emails promoting Fitstream or third-party goods or services.
Fitstream subscribers have the ability to opt-out of receiving our weekly summaries and promotional emails and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions provided in such emails.
Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related emails, such as email alerts.
We use a combination of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your data and to protect Fitstream accounts and systems from unauthorized access.
When you register for the Service, Fitstream requires a password from you for your privacy and security. This password is stored in an encrypted fashion on our systems.
It is important to understand that these precautions apply only to our Site and systems. We exercise no control over how your information is stored, maintained or displayed by third parties or on third-party sites.
Your Responsibility for Maintaining the Confidentiality of your Login ID and Password
If you have a security related concern, please contact email@example.com.
Updates to this Policy
We may update this Policy periodically. The date last revised appears at the bottom of the Policy. Changes take effect immediately upon posting.
The Data Protection Act 1998 requires us to be open about our holding and use of personal data. It also entitles individuals to find out from us what personal data is held about them on computer, to have that information corrected or erased if it is inaccurate, and to claim compensation if they can prove they have suffered damage from an inaccuracy or breach of security. Fitstream is committed to upholding the eight Data Protection Principles of good information handling practice.
Contact us if you have any questions or concerns
If you have questions, comments, concerns or feedback regarding this Policy or any other privacy or security concern, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy was last updated on December 1, 2013.