You're off to a good start and you've got a goal - to build more muscle.
Firstly, let's cover off the hard and fast rules of muscle building to get rid of common misconceptions and set expectations early;
Muscle Building Facts and Rules
- Muscle fibre quantity, make-up and shape is determined by genetics. You can't change this.
- Muscle size and strength is up to you.
- Building muscle ultimately comes down to two things; the food you eat and your physical activity (otherwise known as diet and exercise).
- Take in more calories that you use and you'll get bigger.
- Take in fewer calories than you use and you'll get smaller.
- Eat at your maintenance level of calories and you'll stay the same.
- With good genetics, healthy diet and adequate sleep you can probably gain around twenty pounds of muscle in your first year training. It will half each year after that!
Now that we're on the same page, here are our four simple steps to building muscle.
Four Simple Steps to Building More Muscle
Is there a web location?
Can I get a print of my measurements