Double Kettlebell Military Press
The double military press with kettlebells helps build strong, muscular shoulders and powerful triceps.
- Primary Muscle: Shoulders
- Secondary Muscle(s): Triceps
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Also known as: Double Kettlebell Shoulder Press
- Equipment: Kettlebell
Double Kettlebell Military Press instructions
- Clean two kettlebells to your shoulders. Hold the bells in the rack position, tight in against the core.
- Press the kettlebells up and out overhead. As the bells move past your head, lean into them slightly so that they are locked out behind your head.
- Lower the kettlebells back to your shoulders under control to complete the first repetition.
- Ensure you engage your lats, butt and abs for additional stability during the kettlebell military press.
Double Kettlebell Military Press variations
Seated Kettlebell Military Press
As you might have guessed, the seated kettlebell military press is the same as the standing version but performed from a seated position. The benefits of which is that you are prevented from leaning back and using the pecs to help with the exercise.
Sit comfortably on the floor with your legs spread out and perform the exercise as described above.
Always consult your GP before undertaking any form of weight loss, fitness or exercise