Weight training for fitness
Weight training involves lifting and moving weighted objects in order to develop strength and muscle mass.
If you've surpassed basic bodyweight training and needing that extra challenge to continue building a stronger, fitter, healthier body then weight training is the perfect choice.
Benefits of weight training
- Stronger, fitter body
- Increased muscle mass and definition
Weight training equipment
Commonly used weight training equipment is outlined below -
- Olympic / standard weight training bar
- Olympic standard dumbbell bar / fixed weight dumbbells
- Weight plates
- Bumper plates (takes impact, allows you to drop the bar)
- Bar collars, to lock plates in place securely
- Bench (flat or with incline, decline capabilities)
- Squat stands
- Power rack