Double Kettlebell Squat
Build strong, muscular legs with the fundamental Double Kettlebell Squat exercise. A great kettlebell exercise to train the whole lower body.
- Primary Muscle: Quadriceps
- Secondary Muscle(s): Calves
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Also known as: Two Kettlebell Squat
- Equipment: Kettlebell
How to do the Double kettlebell squat
- Clean two kettlebells to your shoulders.
- Squat down to the floor as low as you can whilst pushing your butt out and looking ahead at all times.
- Pause for a second.
- Rise back to the starting position and repeat.
Double kettlebell squat guide
The squat is a basic human movement, a fundamental exercise with great muscle-building and strength benefits. You should be competent with the standard bodyweight squat before progressing to weighted variations such as this. Aim for around 100-200 bodyweight squats first.
The Double Kettlebell Squat exercise builds a solid foundation to the body developing a strong core with particular emphasis on the legs.
Kettlebell squat variations
Bodyweight squat movements:Weighted squat movements:
Always consult your GP before undertaking any form of weight loss, fitness or exercise