How to do the Kettlebell Windmill
- Clean and press, or snatch a kettlebell overhead with one arm fully extended.
- Keep the kettlebell locked out and arms straight at all times and push your hip out in the direction of the kettlebell.
- Turn your feet out at a forty-five degree angle from the arm with the kettlebell.
- Lower yourself until you can touch the floor with your empty hand.
- Pause, and reverse back to the starting position.
- Finish the set and switch to the other arm.
- Ensure you follow strict technique with a kettlebell weight that is within your capabilities.
Kettlebell Windmill Guide
The kettlebell Windmill exercise targets the abdominals, focusing particularly upon the obliques. It’s a very popular kettlebell exercise because it develops flexibility and strength in the core muscles, shoulders and hips.
Kettlebell Windmill Variations
When you have mastered the kettlebell windmill try progressing onto the more challenging Double Windmill.
The double windmill increases the intensity of the exercise and is even more effective at developing strong obliques and stability into the shoulder muscles. It’s the same as the standard kettlebell windmill exercise except uses two kettlebells instead of one.
Simply place a first kettlebell next to your feet before clean and pressing a second kettlebell overhead. Perform the exercise as per the standard windmill except grip the first kettlebell with your free arm.