We've published these free printable templates to track your fitness for both cardio and weight training based workouts. The templates are available in PDF and Spreadsheet formats and can be downloaded below.
Weight Training Journal Template
The templates below can be used to log your weight training workouts and can be used to journal your exercises, weight, reps, personal bests and any other relevant notes. Simply, open, download and print the sheet and fill in each time you workout.
This format of weight training journaling has worked for thousands of people around the world -
Cardio Training Journal Template
These templates are specifically designed to log your cardio based workouts and activities including distance, speed, journey and more.
How to Use the Fitness Journal Template
- Download and print a batch of templates
- Complete a sheet for each workout
- Store the sheets in a folder to build up a record over time
- Use the notes area to record your body statistics and measurements
- Complete a row for each exercise performed. This row will tracck your personal best, previous best, weight used and number of reps, (including a cumulative total for the workout).
Going Beyond the Paper Fitness Journal
Simply keeping a fitness journal is a great accomplishment and will help you monitor progress, understand your body, and keep you motivated.
However, maintaining paper records has its limitations, which we discuss in our article how to track your fitness. Fitstream has created our own purpose-built health and fitness journal and it's completely free to use. You can find out more by clicking the banner below.
You can use Fitstream to record:
- Body measurements
- Progress pictures
- Journal entries and notes
- Personal bests and progress with exercises
- Progress against goals