Kettlebells are renowned for offering dynamic, fluid movements that can work the entire body, and when used correctly they offer a potent and efficient form of training.
This beginner kettlebell workout is an excellent introduction to kettlebell training and will help develop the fundamental techniques for building power, strength and endurance.
|Physical Skills||Cardiovascular, Strength, Power, Speed|
|No. of exercises||5 kettlebell exercises|
Who is the beginner kettlebell workout for?
This is a kettlebell workout targeted at people new to kettlebell training or with novice level fitness skills.
This workout is useful for those who want to -
- Learn the fundamentals of kettlebell training
- Enhance their weight training by introducing kettlebell movements
- Build strength and muscular definition
- Develop lean muscle mass
- Burn fat / lose weight
Advised prerequisites -
- Professional kettlebell instruction
- Entry level fitness skills
Kettlebell training can be dangerous if not properly executed with appropriate care. It is recommend that people new to kettlebell training have appropriate instruction from a professional to learn basic form.
Beginner kettlebell workout instructions
- Warm-up thoroughly before starting with some light cardio.
- Use a kettlebell weight that you can handle comfortably with good form.
The exercises in this workout have been selected as part of a comprehensive weight training program to cover both upper and lower body presses and pull movements, and exercises that will develop the core.
Perform each exercise sequentially for desired number of reps and repeat the circuit three times.
Rest: 30 - 45 seconds between sets / 1 minute between exercises.
Kettlebell military press
- 3 sets x 10 reps
- Exercise instructions: Double kettlebell military press
Double kettlebell bent-over row
- 3 sets x 12 reps
- Exercise instructions: Double kettlebell bent-over row
Double kettlebell squat
- 3 sets x 12 reps
- Exercise instructions: Double kettlebell squat
- 3 sets x 15 reps
- Exercise instructions: One-arm kettlebell swing
- 3 sets x 8 reps each side
- Exercise instructions: Kettlebell windmill
Progressing from the beginner kettlebell workout
As you are become competent with the basic kettlebell movements you can look to integrate them into an overall training regime, perhaps by effectively combining kettlebell exercises with barbell or bodyweight exercises.
Intermediate kettlebell workout coming soon!