Quad Roll Guide
The quadriceps are responsible for leg and hip extension and are an easy muscle group to keep in good shape using a foam roller.
Foam roller exercises for the quads will alleviate muscular tension, limber the muscle, and work out any knots or trigger points for improved soft-tissue quality.
How to do the Quad Roll
- Begin by supporting your bodyweight in a press-up position with a foam roller positioned lengthways between your quads and the floor.
- Roll the quads muscles from the hip down to the knee.
- Pause and hold on any tight or painful areas to workout the tension and repeat for all the muscle.
- Train one leg at a time (one leg on top of another) to increase the amount of pressure applied to the muscle, maximising the effect of your bodyweight.
- Tilting to one side can target certain areas of the muscle and ensure complete coverage.